Raised Floor Solutions is one of the UK’s leading suppliers and installers of metal steel decking with a 10% market share.
During our 20-year history, we’ve supplied and installed over 6,000,000 m2 of Kingspan Multideck steel decking.
Not only do we believe that the Kingspan Multideck product range is second to none in the market place, but we wholeheartedly admire and support the company’s pioneering sustainability initiatives.
Back in 2011, Kingspan Group set itself the seemingly impossible challenge of matching 100% of its operational energy with renewable energy by 2020. By reducing energy consumption, achieving on-site energy generation and procuring certifiable renewable energy, the company achieved its ‘Net Zero Energy Target’.
In 2019, Kingspan set a new 10-year challenge, Planet Passionate.
What is Planet Passionate?
Planet Passionate is Kingspan’s pioneering 10-year global sustainability programme, a collaborative initiative across its 130 global manufacturing facilities that aims to tackle three major environmental issues:
1. Climate change
3. Protection of the Natural World
Kingspan has set itself challenging targets in the areas of energy, carbon, circularity and water with a view to significantly improving the sustainability of its products and business operations.
• Maintain its Net Zero Energy target
• Increase its direct use of renewable energy to 60% by 2030
• Increase its on-site generation of renewable energy to 20% by 2030
• Install solar PV systems on all owned facilities by 2030
• Net zero carbon manufacturing by 2030
• 50% reduction in product CO2 intensity from primary supply partners by 2030
• Zero emission ready company cars by 2025
• 1 billion PET bottles upcycled into insulation by 2025 through a partnership with the EcoAlf Foundation, where 150 tonnes of waste will be proactively removed from the Mediterranean each year
• All Quadcore™ insulation to utilise upcycled PET by 2025
• Zero company waste to landfill by 2030
• 5 active ocean clean-up projects by 2025
• 100 million litres of rainwater harvested by 2030
Why is this important to Kingspan, and Raised Floor Solutions?
Climate change is the single most important issue affecting the world today. We need to prevent a 1.5°C rise in global temperatures this century and achieve net zero carbon emissions globally by 2050 to protect our planet. We are currently way off target.
In addition, our natural world is under threat, with 1 million species at risk and over 2 billion tonnes of waste generated annually.
The construction and operation of buildings together account for 36% of global energy use and 39% of energy related CO2 emissions when upstream power generation is included. The construction industry is responsible for circa 30% of all waste to landfill globally.
Any actions taken by the construction industry to reduce this energy usage and levels of waste can make a significant impact in the global battle to combat climate change and protect the natural world.
Find out more about Kingspan’s Planet Passionate initiative here.