Multideck MD146 is the most advance trapezoidal steel deck on the market and is a direct alternative to precast concrete planks, delivering unpropped span capabilities of up to 6.0m
MD146 is a long spanning deck installed on the top flange of the steelwork in exactly the same manned as MD60 and MD80 without the need for ASB steel beams to provide support.
MD146 can be designed compositely using 19 x 195mm shear connectors providing very flexible design solutions.
The use of MD146 against traditional precast can result in reduced project durations through faster installation.
Key features include:
– A direct alternative to precast concrete planks
– 146mm deep profile trapezoidal deck available in 1.2/1.5mm gauges
– Capable of unpropped span widths of up to 6.0m
– Requires 31% less concrete to produce the same slab depth as the next best spanning 80mm trapezoidal deck
– Can produce a shallow floor construction depth of just 215mm
– Compatible with beams that have pre-fixed shear studs
– Can reduce project duration due to faster installation times and the elimination of need for secondary steel work